• October 16JH Football plays at home Oct. 22 at 5:30

• October 16Varsity football travels to Sanderson Oct. 16

• October 16District Cross Country Monday, October 19

Things Might Not Be So Different After All

“What is it like here at Rankin compared to Odessa?” I’ve been asked that question on very many occasions, so I guess I will just explain my true feelings.

Joseph Harris, Staff Writer

It’s a very “BIG” difference from Odessa when I went to Permian High School. The classes there are much bigger then twelve students like in my English III class here. There would also be more than just sixteen people in my junior class if I were still enrolled in Permian.  The class of juniors at Permian are at least 23 times what we have at Rankin.

But some things here in Rankin feel pretty much the same as they did in Odessa, so I sometimes feel like I never left. For starters, when I was at Permian, I never had any friends other than the ones that I knew from before high school. I did not know anyone here before school started and am still in the process of making friends.

There I had eight classes all day like here, but I didn’t have an advisory class. Permian now has two advisory classes, so I’m glad I didn’t go there this year. I also went somewhere else to eat for lunch last year like I did this year because both schools have open campus.

So that’s pretty much it for my comparison of Rankin High School and Permian High School, and I can’t wait to see what lies ahead for me.