• October 16JH Football plays at home Oct. 22 at 5:30

• October 16Varsity football travels to Sanderson Oct. 16

• October 16District Cross Country Monday, October 19

School Board Members work to make a difference

School board members want to make a difference

By Sammy Reyna, Staff Writer

The school board makes crucial decisions that affect all students and teachers.  The current board members are Mike Ratliff (president), Mike Hill (vice president), Amanda Evridge (secretary), P.R. Braden, Brett Clark, Billy Teague, and Raymond Quigg.

Mrs. Amanda Evridge has been on the school board for five years. She said, “The best thing about being on the school board is hearing about the efforts our teachers and administrators are making to help our students to be successful in academics, athletics and life. I’m always so encouraged to hear about how hard they are working .”

Mrs. Evridge also said her vision for Rankin ISD “is that we partner with parents and our community to provide the tools and opportunities for our students to excel in academics and in life. My hope is that we broaden our definition of ‘success’ and produce graduates that are able to successfully provide for themselves and their families whether they choose careers requiring a four-year degree, PhD, technical training, or any type of trade school.  Today’s graduates have to be able to adapt to a constantly evolving environment. They have to continuously seek out and learn new ways of doing things.  My vision is that they would look at the world around them and find a way to make a positive impact. If we can do that, we’ve done our job.”

Mr. Mike Hill has been on the school board for two different terms–“the first time for nine years, this time 18 months.”  He said he “wants to make a difference and to continue to give our students the tools they need to succeed.”